A common ailment that most of us face at some point is the everyday ‘headache’ or migraine headache also called cephalgia. Avery common form of headache is the tension headache which accounts for a majority of headache types. Muscle strain, allergies, anxiety, sinus congestion, lack of sleep and improper neck posture are common causes of headache. Excessive partying and alcoholic drinks can also trigger tension-type or migraine headache.
Fortunately we have a greater understanding of the remedies for a headache than the actual cause. Listed below are some natural home remedies for headache:
- 1. Rosemary: Massaging your forehead with rosemary.
- 2. Clove: Take a few cloves and grind it to make a paste then apply it on your forehead.
- 3. Lemon: Mix lemon peel and water into a form of a paste. Apply to entire forehead are.
- 4. Honey: One teaspoon of honey in a glass of water and taken on an empty stomach for chronic headache.
- 5. Apple: Consume salted sliced pieces of an apple before a meal. .
- 6. Ginger: Inhale the steam of boiling gingers.
- 7. Garlic: Make nasal drops extracted from garlic cloves.
- 8 . Cayenne Pepper -Dilute a ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder in 4 ounces of warm water. Apply the moist swab gently to the inside of each nostril until you can feel the heat. It may be a bit unpleasant at first, but take the burning sensation as a sign that it’s working. When it subsides, your headache will hopefully be wiped out, or at the very least better than before.
- Feverfew – For migraines add 1 ounce of fresh or dried feverfew flowers to 1 pint of boiling one. Steep for 10 minutes, and then strain. Drink half a cup twice a day as needed.
- Fish Oil – For migraines add 1 tablespoon of liquid fish oil into 1 small glass of orange juice. Mix and drink up!
- Gingerroot – Slice 3 slices off of a piece of raw gingerroot, with each being roughly an inch in diamenter. Simmer covered the pieces of ginger in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drink slowly and breathe the steam as you consume the beverage.