Treating dandruff with popular anti-dandruff shampoo brands yields results that are totally ineffective in eliminating the dandruff problem long term. If you are looking for the safe and effective way to prevent dandruff, then perhaps you might want to consider a home remedy for dandruff. The big advantage of natural home remedy is that they don’t contain strong additives and detergents that can actually cause dandruff. A home remedy prepared with natural herbal ingredients provides a natural formula that can help prevent an unsightly head of hair by gently repairing the scalp and the eliminating the dandruff.
Here are a few ways on how to create your own personal anti-dandruff home remedy:
- White Oak Bark – make white oak bark tea and use it as a rinse against dandruff and hair loss. Adds highlights to your hair too.
- Aloe Vera Gel – use about 10-15 minutes before you wash hair. Allow gel to remain for about 10 minutes then shampoo as normal.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Soak hair with apple cider vinegar allowing it to penetrate through the scalp for 5 minutes then rinse. Then use regular shampoo and rinse.
- Baking Soda – apply a palm size amount to your wet hair, then massage and rinse.
- Fish Oil Supplements – helps the body solve the dandruff issue from the inside out.
- Fenugreek Seeds – soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning, grind it into a fine paste and apply all over the scalp. Leave it for half an hour, then wash with mild shampoo and rinse.
- Tea tree oil – adding tea tree oil to your shampoo routine on a regular basis should remove all signs of dandruff. Shampoo with products that include tea tree oil. You can also use the tea tree oil mixed with a combination of sweet almond oil for an effective anti-dandruff remedy.
- Argan Oil – moisturizes hair follicles and neutralizes the scalp to prevent dry skin. Apply a small amount on hair, let it stay for a few minutes, then rinse.
- Neem Leaves – boil a handful of neem leaves in four teacups of water; after cooling and filtering, use to rinse hair. (anti-fungal)
- Nettle Juice – boilthe entire plant in a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar. Combing the hair with nettle juice is supposed to stimulate hair growth as well.
Regularly using a home remedy for dandruff that is best suited for you should result in a dandruff free head of hair.